You are a specialist in optimal design of efficient warehouse automation. Now you plan to develop your career, taking responsibility for the development of innovative, future-proof automation solutions? If you envisage management as a combination of leadership and a highly professional approach, this job is will be your perfect fit.
R&D Specialist Warehouse Planning and Automation
This may be your next workplace:
The Logistics department of IKEA Logistics GmbH supports the IKEA supply chain worldwide. A team of logistical experts based in Dortmund ensures optimal design of integrated intralogistics solutions and efficient, flexible and ergonomic procedures. IKEA Logistics is a strong partner of all IKEA logistics sites, ensuring constant improvement of complex intralogistics processes, from handling and storage issues to extensive IT solutions.
The Research & Development department develops and optimizes integrated intralogistics solutions for warehousing and storage, with a worldwide scope. To expand this team, we are looking for an expert who takes responsibility for the future-oriented optimization of complex automated logistics processes. This expert shall ensure high-quality and standardized planning and design of logistics units.
- In the complex and competitive furniture market, IKEA is one of the key players. Its success is based on highly efficient and cost-effective intralogistics. In this challenging area, you play a key role in future-oriented design and development of automation solutions.
- With a clear focus on cost efficiency and technical improvement, you ensure efficiency through continuous improvement of logistics units, maintaining their position as cornerstones of the IKEA value chain.
- You evaluate the performance of new and existing logistics units and support the elimination of weaknesses.
- You lead tendering projects for warehouse automation solutions and support the activities for design and dimensioning of new logistics units with your professional know-how.
- Based on your specialist know-how, you adopt a lead role in international workgroups, contributing to international workgroups.
IKEA will expect from you:
- As a skilled project manager, you implement technology in the best possible way. You lead teams as a team player, taking responsibility and successfully developing projects in international environments
- Your logistics knowledge is based on a university degree, preferably with a broad mechanical background and a deep understanding of the processes involved. You have extensive knowledge of warehouse management and material flow control systems, being highly familiar with complex intralogistics scenarios.
- You are experienced in project and supplier management, including complex intralogistics tender management. A project management certificate is nice to have.
- Your English and German language skills enable you to easily master the entire project communication with internal and external partners
- International travel is a matter of course for you
You may expect from IKEA:
- Your personal area of responsibility, allowing you to contribute to and shape the success of IKEA
- Groundbreaking future-proof projects that implement technological innovation, entrepreneurial efficiency and environmental protection
- An international environment with colleagues from all over the world and the opportunity for personal development in international assignments
- Workplace values that offer an inspiring framework for your career development
- A future-proof workplace, continuous learning and a cooperative and challenging environment