Intralogistics is your home base. An optimal and efficient design of storage and automation solutions is your daily routine. You want to go on, creating future-proof and innovative logistics solutions, thus proving yourself in holistic international projects? Do not hesitate to take a closer look:
This may be your next workplace:
The Logistics department of IKEA Logistics GmbH supports the IKEA supply chain worldwide. A team of logistics experts based in Dortmund ensures optimal design of integrated intralogistics solutions and efficient, flexible and ergonomic procedures. IKEA Logistics is a strong partner of all IKEA logistics sites, ensuring constant improvement of complex intralogistics processes, from handling and storage issues to extensive IT solutions.
The Research & Development department develops and optimizes integrated intralogistics solutions for warehousing and storage, with a worldwide scope. To expand this team, we are looking for several experts, who control and guide development projects, thus ensuring fast development are thorough implementation.
- Optimal handling technology and logistics concept design is an essential building block for the success of IKEA. As a specialist in designing new and improving existing solutions, you are responsible for projects to improve the efficiency of IKEA’s logistics units.
- You manage, operate and conduct operational research and development projects and develop operations guidelines
- You merge ideas and drive improvements. Where traditional solutions do not meet the requirements, you design and pursue new visions.
- You support the unit head in his project tasks, ensuring timely implementation of the required work packages. You support the project manager in defining therequired scope of services.
- You support tendering processes for both proven and innovative warehouse technology, supervising suppliers and consulting service providers.
IKEA will expect from you:
- Continuous improvement is your claim, you are a hands-on person. By approaching challenges this way, you ensure success and enjoy the implementation of innovative solutions with your team.
- You know exactly what supply chain and intralogistics are all about. Through a university degree (logistics management, mechanical engineering / plant engineering) or a comparable vocational training, you have laid the technical grounds, subsequently expanding it by practical experience in trade, logistics, transport or related fields.
- You have a proven track record in managing complex logistics projects. In previous roles, you have already proven your ability to take over responsibility.
- You are skilled in analysing and structuring challenges, and successfully driving change from a lead role position. You know about the challenges that lie in process optimisation, especially in complex intralogistics environments.
- In professional discussions, you maintain a strong line of argument, act convincingly and from a leadership attitude.
- International travel is a matter of course for you
You may expect from IKEA:
- Your personal area of responsibility, allowing you to contribute to and shape the success of IKEA
- Ground-breaking future-proof projects that implement technological innovation, entrepreneurial efficiency and environmental protection
- An international environment with colleagues from all over the world and the opportunity for personal development in international assignments
- Workplace values that offer an inspiring framework for your career development
- A future-proof workplace, continuous learning and a cooperative and challenging environment