Are you enthusiastic about the optimal design of intralogistics processes? If you want to support a project from idea to start up with your expertise, enabling the best possible solution, then this job was invented for you.
This may be your next workplace:
The Logistics department of IKEA Logistics GmbH supports the IKEA supply chain worldwide. A team of logistical experts based in Dortmund ensures optimal design of integrated intralogistics solutions and efficient, flexible and ergonomic procedures. IKEA Logistics is a strong partner of all IKEA logistics sites, ensuring constant improvement of complex intralogistics processes, from handling and storage issues to extensive IT solutions.
The service area Establishment Support covers planning, design and commissioning of new distribution centres worldwide. We are looking for several logistics specialists to enhance the team with their expertise in intralogistics technologies, warehouse automation processes and associated technical infrastructure.
- You support project management in optimizing new IKEA distribution centre logistics and in planning of milestones, costs and resources
- You ensure high-performance warehouse management and product flow control so that the new logistics centre will be most efficient, fulfilling its tasks in a flexible way
- When optimizing and designing, efficiency, work safety and risk minimization are your guidelines, with a strong focus on continuous improvement. You document the associated measures and guidelines.
- You act as primary contact person for the new logistics unit for all needs and suggestions, which you then evaluate and process further.
- As an internal advisor, you manage tasks within the IKEA organization from ensuring the flow of information to answering questions on warehouse management and material flow control.
- You support tendering procedures for appropriate equipment with your know-how.
IKEA will expect from you:
- Complex issues are best solved in a team – that is your conviction. As a team player, you like to work in multicultural project environments. You are a hands-on person who enjoys proving your skills in international assignments.
- your intralogistics expertise is founded on a university degree. Through practical experience in complex intralogistics environments, you have gathered extensive knowledge in dimensioning and layout planning of logistics units. You are familiar with warehouse management and material flow control systems and understand how to use them optimally.
- You are experienced in managing logistics projects. Your skillset is founded on a project management training.
- Your English language skills enable you to easily master the entire project communication with internal and external partners
- International travel is a matter of course for you.
You can expect from IKEA:
- Your personal area of responsibility, allowing you to contribute to and shape the success of IKEA
- Ground-breaking future-proof projects that implement technological innovation, entrepreneurial efficiency and environmental protection
- An international environment with colleagues from all over the world and the opportunity for personal development in international assignments
- Workplace values that offer an inspiring framework for your career development
- A future-proof workplace, continuous learning and a cooperative and challenging environment